A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored by your browser. Cookies contain information that may be used to recognise you or your computer and can be transferred to our servers or third parties when browsing.
Would you like to reset your cookie consent? Click this reset cookie consent link.
Tracking pixels (also called pixel tags) are very small image files, usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that are loaded by browsers. They allow us, or our advertisers, to acquire data for measuring performance of an advertising campaign, web or marketing email analytics. We use tracking pixels as proof of delivery, to meet our contractual and commercial obligations to our client and to prevent fraud or abuse.
When you open a website in your browser, a server that responds to your browser’s requests may automatically record information, that all browsers send, in server logs. These server logs record data such as:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer, that may be unique to a Data Subject)
- The date and time of the event
- Browser user-agent string, which indicates the browser and operating system being used
- The web page being visited (“URL”)
We use server logs to monitor servers, find faults, measure performance and to prevent fraud or abuse.
We use the following cookies and tracking pixels:
- Strictly necessary. These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical and performance. Allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Also to measure performance of our advertising campaigns.
- Used to recognise you when you return to our website. These cookies enable us to remember your preferences, for example, your cookie consent choice.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use with our website and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|wpca_consent||Cookie consent||Necessary and Functional.
This cookie enables us to remember your cookie consent choice.
|bp_user-registered, bp_ut_session, bp_user_role||Private pages||Necessary and Functional.
These cookies are used by the website to determine which users should have access to private pages on the site e.g. white papers.
|_ga, _gat||Google Analytics||Analytical.
These cookies are placed to make it possible to analyze this website (with Google Analytics) and optimize for the purpose of improving the usability of our website.
Cookies used in providing services to our customers
In addition to those types of cookie and tracking pixel already mentioned, third party service providers employed by our advertising clients may also use the following types:
- Targeting, retargeting and personalisation. These may record your visit to a website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information is used to make future advertising displayed more relevant to your interests. You may opt-out of these types of cookies (see below).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use with our advertising services (SmartMatch) and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|SmartMatch tracker||SmartMatch advert analytics||Smartology through our SmartMatch advertising service employ Analytics in delivery of our adverts.
We record unique user interactions including; the advert loading, scrolling within an advert, clicks on an advert.
We do this to measure the effectiveness of advertising and protect against fraud and abuse.
|Brightcove tracker||Video analytics||Brightcove employ Analytics when their video player is used by us.||https://www.brightcove.com/en/legal/services-privacy-policy|
|Doubleclick trackers and cookies||Google DCM (Doubleclick Campaign Manager) analytics||Used by advertisers to measure campaign performance.
Google employ both Analytics and Targeting, retargeting and personalisation.
|Sizmek trackers and cookies||Sizmek analytics||Used by advertisers to measure campaign performance.
Sizmek employ both Analytics and Targeting, retargeting and personalisation.
|Flashtalking trackers and cookies||Flashtalking analytics||Used by advertisers to measure campaign performance.
Flashtalking employ both Analytics and Targeting, retargeting and personalisation.
For more information on cookies, see: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including Strictly Necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site or services. For more information about how to change your browser cookie settings, please visit:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411
For device specific instructions, please check the support website for your browser and device.