Smartology is a rapidly growing advertising technology company, serving both premium publishers (including FT.com, Bloomberg and Reuters) and major B2B advertisers, from sectors spanning financial services, management consultancies, energy, legal and asset management. Smartology helps advertisers optimize their global online advertising campaigns by contextually aligning their branded content alongside highly relevant publisher articles in real time. We are currently recruiting a Business Development Executive to join the EMEA Sales team based in London.
1. Establish key agency and client direct relationships, identify and pitch sales opportunities within the rapidly growing digital advertising sector
2. Maintain established agency and client direct relationships to create effective content-led advertising campaigns
3. Effectively manage sales pipeline and forecasted revenue
4. Partner cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure best in class client service
5. Attend industry events and follow-up with leads in a timely fashion
6. Ability to hit and exceed quarterly and annual target expectations
● Experience from digital ad-tech sales or publisher background preferred (2+ years experience)
● Experience of programmatic landscape preferred
● Large range of existing B2B relationships and contacts with agencies and advertisers or the ability to create them
● Ability to establish rapport at multiple levels of decision makers
● A team player, liaising with sales, account management and technology teams
● Flexible and able to multitask
● Passionate about the advertising space and content marketing
● Prominent organization, presentation and time management skills
● Eager to work in a rapidly changing startup environment
● Must be self-motivated and able to work well alone in a proactive manner, and within a team, when allocated certain tasks and responsibilities – comfortable working in a rapidly changing and agile company environment
● Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Compensation and Perks
● Competitive Salary (+OTE)
● Cycle to work scheme
● Regular company social events
● Coffee, fresh fruit and a dartboard!
● Office is easily accessible from both London Bridge, Southwark and Waterloo Station, as well as being walking distance to Borough Market and Flat Iron Square for lunch breaks
● Role will be in our Southwark based London office – near to both London Bridge and Waterloo stations
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Smartology is a company in a period of strong growth having secured Series A funding in late 2018. Joining Smartology at this phase, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn quickly, earn more responsibility and grow within the role.