Junior Digital Designer and Creative Developer
Winners of the Best Technology Innovation at the Travolution Awards 2021.
What we do
Our flagship product, SmartMatch, is the leading premium branded content amplification platform. With SmartMatch, we believe that adverts can be a positive experience for advertisers, publishers and the end-user.
We respect user privacy and so don’t track user behaviour, we never have. Instead, we target ads using semantics, meaning the ads we show are contextually relevant to what the user is already engaging with.
How we do it
Our culture is the collective personality of every individual who works here, sharing our core values of being innovative, collaborative, supportive, passionate and results-driven.
We work with Agile and love open source, deploy to the cloud and automate everything. We believe in doing things right but aren’t afraid to make mistakes. Every individual in the team is supported in becoming the best they can be and is trusted with a great deal of autonomy.
TDD, Continuous Integration and shippable code every sprint are the norms here.
This role will suit individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic environment where the efficient and accurate response is key to ensuring customer satisfaction. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong design and engineering practices and the desire to learn and continue to develop those skills.
The role is a combination of designing and building advertising creatives, troubleshooting issues, supporting existing ad campaigns, as well as supporting the account management team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Campaigns – creative design
(60% of the role)
- Working on deliverables for campaign launches, often to tight deadlines.
- Designing creatives, while following advertisers’ branding guidelines.
- Designing mock creatives for sales pitches and proposals
Building creatives and setting up campaigns
(40% of the role)
- Communicating with internal team members and on occasion external contacts
- Assisting in campaign planning and set up
- Troubleshooting campaigns
- Quality control and testing of campaigns prior to launch
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience Essential
- Intermediate understanding of/and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Understanding of design briefs and the ability to design creatives relevant to individual advertising brands
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Delivery focused and committed to achieving deadlines
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Agile methodology exposure or a keenness to adopt Agile principles
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of technical and non-technical customers
- Good general written and verbal business communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and clients
- Ability to work as part of a team
- At least 2 years of experience at a digital agency
- Knowledge of programmatic Ad serving
- Experience in using Chrome’s development tools
Compensation and Opportunities
Salary (benchmarked within the industry and sector)
Generous holiday entitlement
Great working environment and office location
If you think you have what it takes to join the Smartology team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.