Winners of the Best Technology Innovation at the Travolution Awards 2021.
What we do
Our flagship product, SmartMatch™, is the leading premium branded content amplification platform. With SmartMatch™, we believe that adverts can be a positive experience for advertisers, publishers and the end-user.
We respect user privacy and so don’t track user behaviour, we never have. Instead, we target ads using semantics, meaning the ads we show are contextually relevant to what the user is already engaging with.
How we do it
Our culture is the collective personality of every individual who works here, sharing our core values of being innovative, collaborative, supportive, passionate and results-driven.
We work with Agile and love open source, deploy to the cloud and automate everything. We believe in doing things right but aren’t afraid to make mistakes. Every individual in the team is supported in becoming the best they can be and is trusted with a great deal of autonomy.
TDD, Continuous Integration and shippable code every sprint are the norms here.
This role will suit an individual who is results-focused and believes in doing it right the first time, every time, but is also able to be pragmatic at the right time. You should demonstrate pride in your craft, use a TDD approach and constantly strive to learn and improve.
Smartology will support candidates in their professional development whether that is as a pure technical specialist or want to develop an element of people management in your role.
Smartology utilises the Agile Scrum methodology for product development, Pair Programming is common, TDD and automation are required; CI and increasingly CD, we deploy in the cloud and even automate our infrastructure deployments.
At Smartology, you will be a part of a growing venture as we move into the next phase of our growth and realise the opportunities context provides in a post-cookie era.
The successful candidate will join a team with a tremendous amount of autonomy, largely working on our Self Service ad platform and that of our Customer Success Team who manage campaigns on our clients’ behalf.
We’re a small team, so everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets involved in the whole stack and project lifecycle.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing test-driven Vue.js code to implement new and improve existing functionality for our clients in our SmartMatch™ ad platform
- Working with colleagues using primarily SCRUM processes to plan, manage and communicate activity with the CTO and wider organisation.
- Ensure your work meets our high standards for quality
- Taking ownership of assigned projects, ensuring that all resources are properly aligned and informed to deliver commercial goals, by taking a leadership role in the technical definition and execution. This is at the core of how we deliver professional development to individuals
- Ensure commitments are met without a reduction in quality and knowing when to be pragmatic
- Play an active role in developing self, others and our processes. This may include mentoring and training others, recommending and influencing standards, methods and procedures and, where these exist, ensuring they are rigorously followed
- Ensure solutions are robust and technically fit for purpose and are designed with consideration for support and management in a production environment
- Identify and remove key person dependencies
- Test-driven development
- Continuous delivery
- Deploying to cloud-based infrastructure, replicated across multiple locations globally
- Ensuring our services continue to exceed their response time SLA’s
- University degree educated in the field of Computer Science/Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Vue.js 2 or React/Angular coupled with a desire to learn Vue
- Vuex, webpack, SASS
- AWS API Gateway / microservices
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Work-related Test Driven Development experience
- Commitment to achieving deadlines
- Demonstrable problem analysis and resolution skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with both technical peers and staff across the business
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
- Experience of working with Jest, Git, MySQL, CI/CD, Terraform, Grafana, Logz.io and Jenkins
- Digital agency, graphical or UX design experience
Great working environment
Generous holiday entitlement
Learning and development opportunities
If you think you have what it takes to join the Smartology team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.